HIM and coding professionals are charged with ensuring their organization’s coding practices are accurate and compliant with regulations, particularly those pertaining to reimbursement.
ICD-10 compliance and denial prevention remain ongoing concerns for all hospitals, health systems and healthcare providers.
Pena4’s education programs offer the critical expertise and industry leadership to help coders achieve medical record coding excellence and full coding compliance through:
- Flexible training programs for providers, coders, managers and ancillary staff
- Expert guidance for new employees, especially those needing remediation
- Full insight into carrier/payer policies, coding initiatives and regulatory changes
- AHIMA and AAPC continuing education units (CEUs)
Webinar and On-Site Educational Series
Every person learns differently and has a preferred method of retaining information. Pena4’s team of trained educators deliver a variety of educational sessions to keep coding teams informed, engaged and compliant with the latest coding guidelines.
Topics are pertinent for every level of coder and include such key information as:
- Quarterly Review of AHA Coding Clinics
- Quarterly Review of CPT Assistants
- Annual ICD-10 Coding Updates
- Annual CPT Code Updates
- Annual OIG Work Plan
- Comprehensive Documentation
- Hierarchical Condition Categories
- Changes and Updates to CMS IPPS and OPPS systems
- Regulatory and Compliance Issues and Updates
Epic Certified HIM Training
Much of an organization’s success with Epic hinges upon the effectiveness of HIM training. Anyone familiar with Epic knows that application-level certification is critical for educating new employees, modifying system builds and making the most of an Epic investment.
Pena4’s team of Epic certified trainers are available to assist with implementation, system build or new employee training on all HIM modules including: